We are taking the next step in our journey towards the safe and healthy workplaces. From the 1st of January 2022 it will be mandatory to fasten the chin strap on helmets. For your own safety, fasten your helmet today!
Implementation of chin straps on helmets started on 1 July 2021.
1 January 2022:
- Requirement for chin straps for everyone in workplaces where helmet is required (employees, subcontractors, visitors)
- Updated Order & Safety Rules take effect. Note that the rules have been updated and clarified and in some prats extended.
Helmet with chin strap
The 3- or 4-point chin strap must be used for best protection. The chin strap must be fastened under the chin.
Also keep in mind:
Adjustment: Use the rotary wheel adjustment for best comfort and protection
Damage: Replace the helmet if it is damaged or has been exposed to external effects (impact, UV light)
Lifetime: Check the helmet’s lifetime: see marking on the helmet
The requirement is part of the work on common working methods for a safer construction industry.
We also refer to:
- Safe Construction Training – the industry's joint mandatory training
- Keep the Zero Contractor Standards (implemented in 2021-2023)
- Keep the Zero Developer Standard (to which many of our customers have committed)
- AFS 1999:3 – Building and construction work.