The Peab Group has four strategic target areas.
Each strategic target area is linked to one or more targets. All goals relate to our industry.
- Satisfied Customer Index (SCI): > 75%
- employer Net Promoter Score (eNPS): > Benchmark
- Zero vision, serious accidents: through a declining trend
- Operating margin: > 6%
- Net debt/equity ratio: 0.3 - 0.7
- Dividend: > 50% of profit for the year
- Carbon dioxide intensity (own production): 60% (reduction by 2030)
- Carbon dioxide intensity (input goods and purchased services): 50% (reduction by 2030)
- Equal opportunity recruitment: Number of women will always exceed education market
We will be a complete community builder that offers total solutions. We create value for our customers through expert and engaged employees.
- Quality in our delivery
- Engaged employees
SCI (Satisfied Customer Index) > 75 %
SCI stands for Satisfied Customer Index and measures how satisfied Peab's customers are. SCI is a weighted measurement between 0 and 100 and is based on three questions:
- Total satisfaction
- In relation to expectations
- In relation to an ideal supplier
We will be the obvious choice for anyone who wants to work in the industry. Everyone will be part of safe and including workplaces with good work conditions and opportunities to develop at Peab.
- First choice for jobseekers
- Value-creating and developmental work
- Zero vision for workplace accidents
- Inclusive workplaces
eNPS, the Group > over benchmark
eNPS stands for employee Net Promoter Score and measures employee engagement. The result can vary between -100 and 100 and is based on the question to employees: “How probable is it that you would recommend your employer to a friend or acquaintance?” Peab’s eNPS score is compared with an average of Nordic industrial and manufacturing companies.
Zero vision, serious accidents: through a continuously contracting trend
Peab has a zero vision concerning workplace accidents and a target of zero fatal accidents as well as a continuously contracting trend (rolling 12 months, serious accidents classification 4) for both our own employees and subcontractors.
Refers to the period January 2020 – March 2021.
With our engaged employees we ensure productivity and quality. Through our local presence, and the advantage of our size and mix of operations, we will become the most profitable company.
- Efficiency in every section
- Productivity and quality assurance
- Take advantage of our size and experience
- Right mix of operations
- Create value through high processing level
Our financial targets are based on segment reporting and are valid over time and for a normal business cycle.
Operative operating margin over six percent
Peab’s profitability target is based on Peab’s structure after the acquisition in Industry and distribution of Annehem Fastigheter (investments in business areas Industry and Project Development). It is also based on a continuation of the work in recent years regarding stabilizing and strengthening the operating margin.
* Years 2015-2018 not translated according to changed accounting principles for own housing development projects. ** Operating margin excluding the effect of the distribution of Annehem Fastigheter. *** Calculated on a rolling 12 months per March 31, 2021. Exclusive the effect of the distribution of Annehem Fastigheter (SEK 952 million).
Net debt/equity ratio within the interval 0.3-0.7
Peab has a strong financial position within this interval which gives us flexibility and maneuvering room to make the right deals at the right time. These will be investments that provide the conditions to sustainably achieve our margin target.
* Years 2015-2018 not translated according to changed accounting principles for own housing development projects. ** Per March 31, 2021.
Dividend: > 50% of profit for the year
With our margin target, stable profit and net debt within the interval 0.3 - 0.7 Peab will be able to distribute more than 50 percent of profit for the year to shareholders.
* Years 2015-2018 not translated according to changed accounting principles. ** For 2019, no cash dividend has been paid. The value of the distribution of Annehem Fastigheter at the time of the distribution in December 2020 amounted to 97 percent of the profit for the year 2019. The proportion is calulated without the effect of SEK 952 million on profit due to the distribution of Annehem Fastigheter.
As the Nordic Community Builder with a local presence we take responsibility through innovations and making demands concerning the climate and environment, order and correctness in the industry and equal opportunity. Active social engagement in the community and focus on young people’s education are part of our fundamental values.
- Take responsibility for the climate and environment
- Order and correctness in the industry
- Work for equal opportunity in the industry
- Young people’s education and development
Carbon dioxide intensity (own production): 60% (reduction by 2030)
Peab will be climate neutral by 2045. We are focused on 2030 as a checkpoint (compared to base year 2015) regarding lower emissions of greenhouse gases from our own production (Scope 1 and 2). The target is to reduce carbon dioxide intensity (tons CO2e/SEK million) by 60 percent.
* Direct and indirect emissions as a result of using fuel and energy in our own production.
Carbon dioxide intensity (input goods and purchased services): 50% (reduction by 2030)
Peab will be climate neutral by 2045. We are focused on 2030 as a checkpoint (compared to base year 2015) regarding lower emissions of greenhouse gases from input goods and purchased services (Scope 3). The target is to reduce carbon dioxide intensity (tons CO2e/SEK million) by 50 percent.
* Includes concrete/cement, asphalt/bitumen, transportation/fuel, steel, waste and business trips.
Equal opportunity recruitment: Always exceed education market
The target for equal opportunity recruitment means the percentage of women newly recruited for core skills will always be higher than the percentage of women who have graduated with relevant degrees on the education markets. Peab is focused on certain core skills vital to operations for both production (SW) and production management as well as production support (WCW).
Example of core skills:
- SW: carpenter, concrete worker, groundwork and construction worker
- WCW: supervisor, site manager, project manager, engineer (contract construction, calculations, measurement technology etc.), purchaser
Relevant education markets:
- High school: Construction and civil engineering programs specialized in groundwork and building construction
- Post-secondary: College and civil engineering programs specialized in construction, groundwork, community building and community college/vocational schools
|Core skills||Number of
in Peab in total
|Number of women
in Peab today < age
|Number of women who
have relevant degrees
|Production and processing (SW), %||1.5||24 years or younger:
| Production management
and production support
|12.9||26 years or younger: